Operations Manager 1020101
Position: Operations Manager
Job Number: 1020101
Location: Calgary, AB
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary, Bonus and Allowance: Competitive market salary, bonuses and car allowance
-50% Rental Discount
-Company Paid Dental, Vision and Health Care Benefits (including family)
-Group Benefits- AD&D, Short & Long Term Disabilities, Life insurance (including family)
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a Canadian Publicly Traded Real Estate Investment and Residential Property Management Company, listed as MEQ on the TSX. Mainstreet Equity Corp is continually expanding and now has around 14,000 residential apartment units across Western Canada, British Columbia and Manitoba. Further information on MEQ can be found on our website www.mainst.biz.
The Operations Manager will report directly to Mainstreet's Chief Operations Officer. They will be expected to work alongside both our VP Operations and our Operation Teams across Canada, with respect to facilitating the implementation of our next phase of expansion and development. Based out of Calgary this role is critical to the growth plans of our Company.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in an Executive/ Operations role in either Multi-Family Residential Property Management or the Hospitality Industry. We would like you to provide examples of your proven excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working alongside the Executive Team, this position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day Operations of Mainstreet Equity Corporation's Canadian portfolio.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervision and training aimed at developing the potential of our Operations Managers in Edmonton
- Operational Budgeting
- The ability to identify opportunities to improve the quality of services delivered i.e. analysing, researching and recommending improved solutions and new approaches
- Extensive travel is required for site visits.
- Daily interaction with contractors
- Business development and strategy planning
- Improve the efficiency of the operations
- Improve control of service levels and quality
- Continuously monitor and improve labor utilization within projects
- Determine staffing levels (internal and contracted) required to meet schedules determined by tenant needs
- Be able to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Prioritize issues reported to our customer service teams
- Work with operational teams to meet daily and quarterly goals
- Mentor coach and develop current and future operations leadership
Qualification and Skills
- University degree in Management and/or extensive related experience in the Real Estate or Hospitality Industry
- Must have excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational, time management, and listening skills
- An intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with tenants and co-workers
- Must be able to adapt and manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Possess the ability to establish key performance indicators for portfolio success
- Possesses a keen ability to recognize problems and create effective course of action to solve issues
- Must be self-directed with the ability to effectively manage time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume quoting "Job No. 1020101" in the subject line to our email address. Visit our website for more information (www.mainst.biz).
Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 - 10 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0W2
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.