I find myself frequenting Saskatoon for work, staying in various hotels and eating in different restaurants while in town. Growing up in Saskatchewan we made the occasional trip to "The City" and so I was familiar with Saskatoon – the' old Saskatoon'. Today, there are so many new and wonderful things happening in this quintessential prairie city. Great new restaurants and coffee shops, the fantastic Rivers Landing, and of course, high-end hotels.
Traveling for Business or with Family:
WHERE TO STAY
The Historic Delta Bessborough
- Remodeled rooms with a great view of the River Valley
- Updated Gym with the newest equipment including a steam room with a pool
- Great Café serving wonderful breakfast overlooking the River
- Prime location downtown, close to the river, Midtown Plaza Mall, many new restaurants
- Pools & waterslides for the family to enjoy
- Exceptional front desk staff that are welcoming and helpful
WHERE TO EAT
- Ayden Kitchen & Bar (265 – 3 Ave S)
Ayden Kitchen & Bar has won enRoute Magazine's People's Choice Award. It also ranked eighth on the magazine's list for the Top 10 Best New Restaurants. Pasta or the Classic Burger both a great choice
- Bottega Trattoria – Italian (120 2nd Ave N)
- Keo's – Thai (129 2nd Ave N)
- Collective Coffee (220 – 20 St W)
Lattes are the best (I think). Great atmosphere and voted #1 by Planet S Magazine.
- The Underground Café (430 – 20 St W)
With the transformation of transitional neighborhoods, that feature great food, great coffee, and great people; Saskatoon is quickly becoming a top tier Canadian city. I always say in my travels, 'some of the friendliest people come from Saskatchewan' (maybe I'm biased). If you are spending time in Saskatoon, stop by any of the places above and I am sure that you will agree, Saskatoon is going in the right direction.
Mainstreet Equity Corp. is a publicly-traded (TSX: MEQ) residential real estate company in Canada. Mainstreet currently owns and operates properties in Surrey, BC; New Westminster, BC; Abbotsford, BC; Calgary, AB; Cochrane, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fort Saskatchewan, AB; and Saskatoon, SK.
Mainstreet provides affordable, renovated apartment suites to Canadians, and is committed to creating real value without diluting shareholder interests.