Financial Analyst 1019201
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job No.: 1019201
Job Type: Full time Permanent
Location: Calgary, AB
Salary: Competitive Market Salary
Start Date: Immediately
-50% Rental Discount
-Company Paid Dental, Vision and Health Care Benefits (including family)
-Group Benefits- AD&D, Short & Long Term Disabilities, Life insurance (including family)
-Opportunity for Growth
Mainstreet Equity Corp is a Canadian publicly trading Real Estates Investment and Residential Property Management company. Mainstreet Equity Corporation is listed on the TSX, is growing rapidly and consists of almost 14,900 residential apartment units across Western Canada from British Columbia to Manitoba . Further information on MEQ can be found at our website, www.mainst.biz
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an Executive/ Senior Operations role in Multi-Family Residential Property Management or Hospitality Industries. They will possess proven excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills. An intermediate level of proficiency is required for Microsoft Office.
The Financial Analyst will report to the CEO and CFO. This job is based in Calgary and this role is critical to the growth plans of our company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with detailed budgets and forecasts, perform budgetary control and variance analysis of all major expenses items.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; provide trends and forecasts; collects operational data, explain processes and techniques; recommend practical control actions to improve status quo.
- Collaborate with internal groups, (Operation, Capital Project, Supply Chain, etc.) to provide financial insights resulting from business activities (operation control, capital review, maintenance work, warehouse inventory, etc.)
- Monthly analysis of internal financial reports and identify and investigate major financial performance discrepancies.
- Prepare and present a monthly management report with recommendation of corrective actions to be taken based on variance analysis.
- Assist in the monthly close process by analyzing trends and variances related to revenue, and compare and correct data to reconcile financial transactions, including journal entry processing, to ensure accurate IFRS financial reporting. Assist in other accounting duties as requested by the senior managements
Qualification and Skills
- Strong familiarity with accounting policy, budget and variance analysis, proven experience in a corporate finance setting.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: work effectively and cohesively in a team environment, collaborating and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, and strong ability to translate work and recommendations to other teams in a way they can comprehend, in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value.
- Analytics /Problem Solving Skills: strong ability to process a large amount of data, extract and communicate insights, as well as identify and resolve financial problems by utilizing analytics tools, identify improvements to the status quo and recommend practical solutions.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Organization and Multi-tasking Skills: Deadline-orientated and strong ability to prioritize and stick to time constraints.
How To Apply
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume online, or to email@example.com quoting "Job No. 1019201" in the subject line. Visit our website (www.mainst.biz/careers) for more information. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 10 Ave SE
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0W2
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.