Investor Relations Specialist 1020704
Job No: 1020704
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Competitive Market Salary
Other Benefits and Allowances: 50% Rent Discount + Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental Health and Vision Care benefits)+ Group Insurance
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartment. Mainstreet manages its own portfolio of approximately 13,000 residential apartments in six major cities across Canada.
Reporting to the CEO, The Investor Relations Specialist will be responsible for executing strategic and investor relations focused initiatives for existing and targeted prospective investor. He/she will provide consistent outreach to retail investors and brokers in an effort to increase Mainstreet's awareness within the investment community. Areas of focus include:
• Assisting in the development and execution of Investor programs and materials, including quarterly reports, road show materials.
• Facilitate effective communication between Senior Management and the investment community to achieve Mainstreet's investor relations goals such as a stable investor base and a fair market valuation of Mainstreet's publicly traded shares.
• The Investor Relations Specialist interacts with senior leadership and externally with investment professionals and portfolio managers.
• Assist Mainstreet to expand its investors base, particularly in the retail investment markets
• The Specialist will advise about financial and industry trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the company plan and deliver key investor relations materials.
• Keep promoting Mainstreet stores in Investment world for both existing and potential new investors of Mainstreet.
• Responsible for investor relations section of the website, roadshow presentations• Deliver consistent messaging and news releases
• Develop and implement a process for continuous monitoring, reporting and improvement of investor relations strategy with the support of senior management
• Continually build company/industry knowledge (strategy/business model/financial performance)
• Coordinate and attend meetings with investors and respond to stakeholder questions and requests.
• Coordinate and attend conferences, site visits, and road show presentations with existing and prospective investors.
• Ensure full compliance of all regulatory requirements
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance
• Master's in Business Administration will be an asset
• Designation as a CFA
• Strong financial and investment comprehension and analysis skills
• Solid business acumen and general understanding of capital markets
• Must have experience/knowledge/expertise in market penetration in both institutional and retail markets .
• Excellent communications skills including writing, editing, and proofreading
• Ability to operate autonomously and deliver under pressure, including managing a portfolio of competing initiatives and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Highly developed organization skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to travel
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting "Job No. 1020704 in the subject line to our email address. Visit our website for more information at www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 - 10 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0W2
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.