Job No. 3020109
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Type: Full Time Permanent
Wage and Allowance: Competitive Market Wage and Car Allowance
-50% Rental Discount
-Company Paid Dental, Vision and Health Care Benefits (including family)
-Group Benefits- AD&D, Short & Long Term Disabilities, Life insurance (including family)
-Opportunity for Growth
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 13,200 residential apartments in six major cities across Canada.
Maintenance Technician is responsible for all building maintenance related duties within their assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Paint and refurbish interiors, walls, hallways, floors, doors and common areas of apartments, condos, town-homes or other multi-family dwellings as required.
- Remove old coatings by stripping with solvents, heat, sanding, wire brushing, or water and sand blasting as required. Prepare all surfaces by scraping, priming or sealing prior to painting
- Complete dry wall damage repair and patching. Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives, sanding rough spots. Apply undercoat primer or sealer before painting, or apply sizing before wallpapering
- Estimate quantities of painting materials and supplies required by measuring surfaces or reviewing work orders.
- Prepare and match specified colors by using premixed paints, or by mixing color and pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives. Match paint samples for touch-ups and other small projects. Discuss painting needs and color matching problems with Supervisor to ensure perfection.
- Use brushes, rollers or spray guns to apply liquid coatings such as paint, stain or varnish to surfaces of wood, metal, brick, concrete, plaster, stucco or stone
- Follow established protection procedures and prepare work area to ensure no paint gets on other surfaces and no company properties or tenants' properties get damaged.
- Maintain a clean work environment during painting. Ensure work area is clean and free from debris after work has been completed.
- Protect all nearby furnishings and building materials before and during every painting job, including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures and landscaping.
- Work closely with resident managers and other professionals, such as carpenters, electricians and plumbers to ensure that work orders are completed and units are prepared for lease within a timely manner.
- Ensures site safety, maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety, inspect equipment prior to use, report any and all safety issues to direct supervisor.
- Assist other Team members and Trades persons as required, including but not limited to furniture moves, equipment insulations, quality assurance checks, and other assigned duties
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must possess at least 2 years' of relevant work experience as a building painter
- Possess own tools
- Must have experience and must be comfortable to use different tools, equipment, ladders, chemicals etc. that are required to perform the job
- Aware of product changes and recommends product upgrades
- Follows all environmental codes and practices and conform to applicable legislation
- Must follow proper PPE requirements
- Flexible to work regular work hours and on-call duties/weekends/ after hour emergencies when required
- Must possess valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle to use at work.
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
How to Apply
Send your resume quoting " Job No. 3020109" in the subject line to our Email address. Visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.