Security Guard (Day) 3020113
Position: Security Guard
Job Number: 3020113
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Type: Full-time, Permanent, Day Shift
Start Date: Immediately
Wage and Allowance: Competitive Market Wage and Gas Allowance
Benefits: 50% Rental Discount, Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Health and Vision Care), Group Insurance
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 14,000 residential apartments in six major cities across Canada.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Security Guard is responsible for the safety and security of assigned residential building(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol assigned area to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Access Control for the facility / area
- Ensure that the facility's safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site emergencies. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency respondents, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required
- Assist by responding to crimes, disturbances, vandalism that have occurred on the property and ensure appropriate law enforcement authorities are summoned
- Assist tenants with safety concerns, emergencies, etc.
- Protect the property and maintain a safe and welcoming environment
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorised persons found on the property in a fair and safe manner by enforcing the related act.
- Report and follow up on hazards and / or deficiencies identified during the course of duty. Inspect fire equipment.
- Prepare and submit reports to Regional Manager/ Supervisor.
- Support of JH&S program to ensure occupational safety is prioritized and effectively practiced throughout all areas of property operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the senior management
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have minimum 2 years security guard experience
- Minimum high school education / equivalent
- Must have valid Provincial Security Guard license/Certificate
- Possessing of First Aid and CPR certificate an asset
- Must be available to work 5 days a week, may include weekends
- Must possess a valid driver's license and vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
How to Apply
Submit your resume quoting "Job No. 3020113" in the subject line to our email address. Visit our website for more information (www.mainst.biz).
Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.