WORKING TOGETHER: MAINSTREET'S COVID-19 MESSAGE TO RESIDENTS
Dear Mainstreet Residents,
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic is leaving many Canadians uncertain about the road ahead and we want to let you know we are committed to getting through this difficult time together.
Continuing to Work Together
Mainstreet is working with all levels of government towards finding solutions that work for everyone living with us. We are committed to working with you to keep all of our residents safe and healthy in their homes.
Both the federal and provincial governments have pledged to provide substantial financial measures to help Canadians. We encourage you to explore these programs and determine which is best for your situation.
Here are some of the benefits you may be eligible for:
CANADA EMERGENCY RESPONSE BENEFIT:
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) offers income support for up to 16 weeks to those losing pay because due to the pandemic. This program combined the two previously announced Emergency Benefits into one Benefit designed to be simpler and more accessible. This will cover Canadians who lost their jobs, got sick, are under quarantine or have to stay home because of school closures.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit is available to wage earners, contract workers and self-employed people who don't qualify for employment insurance (EI).
A one-time special payment by early May close to $400.00 for single individuals and close to $600.00 for couples
Canada Child Benefit:
An increase of $300.00 per child as part of their May payment
Canada Student Loans:
Placing a 6-month free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans for all individuals currently in the process of repaying these loans
Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs):
Reducing minimum withdrawals from RRIF's by 25% for 2020
Emergency Isolation Support:
A temporary program for working adult Albertans who must self-isolate because they meet the Government of Alberta's published criteria for self-isolation, including persons who are the sole care-giver for a dependent who must self-isolate because they meet the public health criteria, and who will not have another source of pay or compensation while they are self-isolated.
- Intended to help bridge the gap until the Federal support begins in April
- Information at: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-supports-for-albertans.aspx
- More information: https://www.alberta.ca/emergency-financial-assistance.aspx
A full overview of resources available to British Columbians can be found here, and this page is updated regularly: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support
The Government of Saskatchewan has also declared a state of emergency, and all COVID-19 related resources are located here: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/~/link.aspx?_id=6C6BF971659346E0B8E9DE4AE3B2AFF9&_z=z
- City of Calgary COVID-19 information https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/cema/Pages/Response-to-Coronavirus.aspx
- City of Edmonton COVID-19 information https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/emergency_preparedness/covid-19.aspx
- City of Regina COVID-19 Information (Utilities) https://www.regina.ca/home-property/safety-emergencies/emergency-preparedness/covid-19/#outline-water-property-tax-payments
- City of Saskatoon COVID-19 Information https://www.saskatoon.ca/services-residents/fire-emergency/covid-19
- City of Surrey, COVID-19 Information https://www.surrey.ca/city-government/30862.aspx
- City of Abbotsford, COVID-19 Information https://abbotsford.ca/covid19updates
We thank you for continuing to call Mainstreet home. We will do everything we can to continue to keep you and your loved ones informed as we work together through this challenging time. Please check our social media and informational postings which we will continue to update as new information and new programs are announced.
We are here to listen, we're here to help. Reach out anytime at email@example.com
Standing with you,
Your Mainstreet Family