WORKING TOGETHER: MAINSTREET'S COVID-19 MESSAGE TO RESIDENTS
Dear Mainstreet Residents,
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic is leaving many Canadians uncertain about the road ahead and we want to let you know we are committed to getting through this difficult time together.
Continuing to Work Together
Mainstreet is working with all levels of government towards finding solutions that work for everyone living with us. We are committed to working with you to keep all of our residents safe and healthy in their homes.
Both the federal and provincial governments have pledged to provide substantial financial measures to help Canadians. We encourage you to explore these programs and determine which is best for your situation.
Here are some of the benefits you may be eligible for:
CANADA EMERGENCY RESPONSE BENEFIT:
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) offers income support for up to 16 weeks to those losing pay because due to the pandemic. This program combined the two previously announced Emergency Benefits into one Benefit designed to be simpler and more accessible. This will cover Canadians who lost their jobs, got sick, are under quarantine or have to stay home because of school closures.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit is available to wage earners, contract workers and self-employed people who don't qualify for employment insurance (EI).
Canada Student Loans:
Placing a 6-month free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans for all individuals currently in the process of repaying these loans
Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs):
Reducing minimum withdrawals from RRIF's by 25% for 2020
A full overview of resources available to Albertans can be found here, and this page is updated regularly
- Intended to help bridge the gap until the Federal support begins in April
- Information at: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-supports-for-albertans.aspx
A full overview of resources available to British Columbians can be found here, and this page is updated regularly: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support
The Government of Saskatchewan has also declared a state of emergency, and all COVID-19 related resources are located here: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/~/link.aspx?_id=6C6BF971659346E0B8E9DE4AE3B2AFF9&_z=z
- City of Calgary COVID-19 information https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/cema/Pages/Response-to-Coronavirus.aspx
- City of Edmonton COVID-19 information https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/emergency_preparedness/covid-19.aspx
- City of Regina COVID-19 Information (Utilities) https://www.regina.ca/home-property/safety-emergencies/emergency-preparedness/covid-19/#outline-water-property-tax-payments
- City of Saskatoon COVID-19 Information https://www.saskatoon.ca/services-residents/fire-emergency/covid-19
- City of Surrey, COVID-19 Information https://www.surrey.ca/city-government/30862.aspx
- City of Abbotsford, COVID-19 Information https://abbotsford.ca/covid19updates
We thank you for continuing to call Mainstreet home. We will do everything we can to continue to keep you and your loved ones informed as we work together through this challenging time. Please check our social media and informational postings which we will continue to update as new information and new programs are announced.
We are here to listen, we're here to help. Reach out anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
As this crisis continues, we recognize that many of our residents will experience some degree of financial difficulty. We want to work together and ensure that rent is not yet another source of stress. We are, however, counting on you to pay your rent if you are able to so we can use that revenue to help your neighbours who cannot.
We have introduced a payment program. On a case-by-case basis, we'll request that you provide us with an understanding of what challenges you're facing, provide supporting documentation, and ask you to propose a payment arrangement. We'll review your submission and respond as quickly as possible.
1. Mainstreet FlexPay Plans – For those Mainstreet residents whose finances make paying the rent challenging, we will work together and arrange payment plans (on a case-by-case basis, conditional on supporting documentation demonstrating financial need being provided).
Communication between Mainstreet and our residents will be more important than ever throughout this time. It's important that you keep us updated regarding any changes in your financial circumstances.
If we work together in fairness, everyone can focus on fighting and defeating COVID-19. And we will.
We look forward to hearing back from you and finding a resolution.
More importantly, we hope both you and the people you care about stay safe.
Standing with you,
Your Mainstreet Family